Saturday, January 30, 2016

Challenge Card for Dragonfly Journeys


I happened upon a challenge blog the other day that really impressed me. Jeannie at Dragonfly Journeys hosts a weekly challenge where she gifts a handmade card and some goodies to those who link a handmade card. I believe it runs from Sundays to Saturdays. Go check it out for the deets if you are interested. This week's theme was Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty. I needed to make a Valentines card for my neighbors who are also good friends, and they have both cats and dogs, so I had my motivation.

I wanted to do something non-romantic, so I decided on Hula Cat and Moon Doggy, two very old stamps from The Cat's Pajamas. I used an Avery Elle Aloha die, the My Favorite Things Making Waves dies and the Impression Obsession palm tree dies. I masked off the bottom 2/3rds and brayered rainbow ink for the sky. For the sand, I sponged on some Scattered Straw Distress ink and lightly pounced Brushed Corduroy over that.

Lately I've been in the mood for using my colored pencils, so the trees and the cats are colored with those. I finished the card off with some white gelpen dots and called it good. I think they will like it! Leave me a comment and tell me what you think.

I hope whatever you are doing this weekend is something you like, and that everyone is getting some better weather. Aloha!

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

Hi Aimeslee! I'm so glad you found me and entered into my challenge with this fun kitty cat card. Your coloring looks fabulous and I know your friends are going to just adore it! I hope you will join me again some time :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Karla B said...

I love your card.It's sweet!

Cara said...

Hah Aimeslee! I'm late to the party but I made it LOL ... Great card! Gets a wishing for a cold one and a lounge chair. I love that cat and dog. Especially the cat, but then, I'm a notorious cat lover!
Thanks for sharing!
(Hugs) Cara
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}